Thursday, June 4, 2009

Life After College




Well, it's been a month since I've graduated. And frankly, I feel a bit of a letdown. I suppose it's because nothing's really changed. Does anyone else remember having the same feeling after they graduated?

Also, I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do with my life now. I spent so much time and energy getting through school, that now that it's done I find myself a bit bored and listless. It's as if, due to a lack of a worthwhile challenge, I feel like life just isn't as interesting any longer. All I do is go to a job I don't care about, watch tv, and sometimes go to the gym.

Obviously, I need some sort of goal.

A different job? Until the economy improves, I'm afraid of taking another one. I figure it's safer to just stay where I am for now.

I thought about getting a master's, but the few programs at my local campus don't interest me. I suppose I could look into the ones up in Tampa, but I put 10,000 miles on my truck just going up there for three semesters. Commuting for the entire length of time it would take to get a master's doesn't seem possible.

I guess for now, I'll go back to writing the sci-fi stories I was writing before I decided to go back to school. As a friend reminded me though, I haven't updated those in two years! Sheesh, I'm going to be rusty...

No comments: