Friday, December 12, 2008

End of Fall Semester




The Winter’s Tale and Othello both show that though Eros can bring about jealousy and murder, a lover can achieve a beautiful alchemy, using remorse as the catalyst, to change Eros into the less self-centered Agape. In the end both Leontes and Othello manage to do just that.


And with that, I completed my Shakespeare paper, and the semester. That was on Monday. I mailed it to my professor up in Tampa, and that was that.

I think the paper turned out pretty well. I think the semester wound up being okay, too, with even that Modern Lit class not being too bad.

Even though I've been done with the semester since Monday, I'm still burned out. In fact, I feel much more tired now than I did when I was still in school. I'm not sure why that is. Maybe it's just because I now have the time to realize how tired I am.

I drove 3,700 miles this semester, just to attend those classes. My truck could use a break, too, along with an oil change and perhaps some new tires.

Luckily, I'll be taking next semester down here, at a campus that's maybe ten miles away. And next semester should be my last. After that, I'll have a degree!

Now, anyone want to buy some used books?

No comments: