Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Papers, papers, and more papers...





For my modern lit class, I have to turn in five separate papers this week. The papers are short, roughly only 1.5-2.5 pages long each, but still it's a lot of work. Three of them are for the book Parable of the Sower, by Octavia Butler. It's a dystopic sci-fi novel. (I enjoyed it because a lot of people get shot in it!)

I also have a 5-7 page doozy of a paper to write for the Shakespeare class. Although it's "due" tomorrow (Thurs., Dec. 4th), the prof. said she'll accept them as late as next Wednesday. Even though that will be after the end of the semester, she'll be in her office then. As I haven't even started that paper yet, I'll definitely be taking her up on that offer. (I'm planning on just sending it Fedex to her, in order to avoid the 130 mile round-trip drive up there.)

So, in short, the semester is coming to a chaotic, nerve-wracking, nail-biting end that will surely keep me up writing something late at night, maybe tonight. It happens every semester.

In other news, back on Sunday I took a header off the sidewalk in front of my apartment. A wasp flew out from a bush directly in front of me, at eye level no less. As it flew over me, I looked straight up, lost my balance, and fell back like a tree, falling between two parked cars. My head smacked into a car so hard I looked for a dent (both in the car and my head). However, the only real damage was a small cut to my elbow, which at first bled so much I thought I'd need stitches for it. It turned out just to be a small cut though, and it healed up on its own.

Pretty scary fall: I figured I'd end up in the hospital because of it.

Anyway, I gotta get back to my schoolwork. Bleah...

No comments: