Thursday, December 25, 2008

Two B or not Two B...







I got a B- in Shakespeare, and a B+ in Modern Lit. Rudely enough, my mother said, "A's would have been better." I just rolled my eyes when she said that.

Anyway, I get to move on to what should be my last semester. If I haven't mentioned it yet, I'll be taking Roman Empire, and a course called Editing, both of which are down here in Sarasota. (In fact, the editing course is mostly online, but meets twice, both times down here.)

I'll miss the sheer energy of the big campus. The above pic, the one with the greenery, is the area outside of Cooper Hall, where I had my Shakespeare class. It's sort of a gathering area, with protestors and such. There's nothing really similar on the Sarasota campus, just an "Einstein Begels" shop.

As for the other pic, it's looking East, from the fourth floor of the Collins parking facility, showing the dome where they play basketball and volleyball. IIRC, they call it the Sun Dome. There is also nothing similar to it in Sarasota, as there's no sports down here of any kind.

As I mentioned back in one of the first posts to this blog, I remember seeing "Little Feat" play at that dome. Even though that was probably back in '92 or so, I still remember driving onto the campus and thinking: "I wish I were smart enough to go to college." As much as I really wanted to go to school, I didn't think I'd be able to hack it.

Anyway, here I am, almost done. I rule!

No comments: