Friday, February 6, 2009

Work Post: Communication Committee



single-pole switch


Where I work, only maybe ten percent of us have e-mail access. It's a factory, so management wants us at our machines, making parts like the one above, rather than sitting at a computer. I understand this philosophy, but the lack of e-mail has always caused problems with communication. Again and again, information that is assumed to be known by everyone isn't.

So,they were looking for volunteers for the "communication committee" at work. I figured it was admirable that management wanted to improve communication, so I signed up.

Yesterday, they had the first meeting, from 2p.m. to 2:30. I don't start work until 2:30, so it was over by the time I clocked in.

Nobody had told me about the meeting. If that isn't ironic, I don't know what is.

No comments: